Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,521 to 96,540 of 96,567

card-crunch78

I used Procreate to make my Mii Fighter closer to my canon self.

Untitled

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Princess_Lilly

If anybody wants something I will check the thread one more time prolly today evening, for now bye

Princess_Lilly

MarioVillager92

@DannyBoi All righty. I don't have a rubik's cube on hand, but I'll try it out if I get one.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

I checked my previous comments and I have deleted quite a lot of cringey comments that I posted during year 2018 and 2019. 😬
Looking back 6 years ago, I was pretty different people than now.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

MarioVillager92 wrote:

@Sunsy Sounds like a good Friday you've had. Still haven't played Cruis'n Blast, but I would like to at some point. Kinda wanna wait for a sale though.

Also, thank you. I'm getting a little better. Maybe I get too depressed at times, I think that's what the problem was... and I can be hard on myself as well. Something to work on, I guess.

That's awesome. I got into Splatoon kinda late... I wish I got into it the year it came out on the Wii U. It might be because I wasn't in the mood for playing shooters at the time.

Oh that's nice. Yeah, the original Mario Kart Arcade GP from 2005 was the one I played. It had a similar graphical style to Mario Kart: Double Dash, and it borrows that game's sound effects too, such as the starting countdown and the item roulette. It controls very differently from the console games, and only a few items appear in each individual race, but I still had fun with it. I played that in my local arcade that also has a bunch of other retro arcade games.

That's cool. Pikmin 3 also had a control scheme that let you use the GamePad's touch screen to throw Pikmin, but that was from a later update. Didn't know that Call of Duty did the same thing that Pikmin 3 did, I never got into the CoD games. But that control scheme is kinda neat.

Ohhh, gotcha, that makes sense. I remember seeing videos of Sega Smash Pack as well... kinda weird that those Sega Genesis games sound like NES games on that collection.

Got to play more of Peach Showtime recently by the way, including that Detective Peach level. That level was surprisingly hard for me, lol.

Either the arcade original or the Switch port, Cruis'n Blast is just too much fun.

Glad you're getting a bit better. Hope you continue to feel better.

The thing with Splatoon, that made me love it, was the fact it was different than most online shooters and shooters out there. I remember in 2015 being excited for it because of those reasons. Instead of how many frags (is it still called that? I'm old school with Quake, lol), it was more about how much ink you could cover up. Plus, I love how some of the weapons look like the NES Zappers.

That's what the Mario Kart arcade game I played had too, there was an item roullette to decide which items you'll pick up. Didn't even know about the one you're talking about, I think I did hear about the one I played at that arcade, mostly via YouTube. I wish the arcade I went to had retro games, it's mostly just modern Arcade games like that Mario Kart game, Cruis'n Blast, Asphalt 9 Arcade, there's even a Rampage ticket redemption game, which surprised me as I thought the only Midway IP used in recent years was Mortal Kombat. The ticket redemption game is a video game, tickets are awarded by how much you destroy.

Yeah, it basically acted as the map for the multiplayer game you were currently playing in COD. That's cool, I still like the use of the game pad for Star Fox Zero. Was just cool to use the game pad as the Arwing's cockpit.

It was a weird way they did the sound, but it's kind of like having official 8-bit demakes of the Genesis music.

That level was a bit hard, but I like how it worked out, it was different and there was a mystery Peach had to solve. Plus I loved the little details in it, like the foot prints that appear.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy I think some of the physical games still come with My Nintendo inserts, though I didn't think you could redeem coins for Wii U and 3DS games anymore. I have plenty of older games sitting around, and I do replay them...though not often. Too many new games often steal my attention.
I was actually on the top bunk; my sister slept on the bottom (she's younger). The bunk bed was built to easily disassemble into two twin beds. In fact, I moved out with one half; it's now in my spare bedroom. My parents junked the other half since it was in worse shape after my sister used it for several more years.

I have a Sheikah Slate Switch carrying case I got with the Breath of the Wild Special Edition back when the game launched. I waited two years to play the actual game since I didn't own a Switch for awhile though. There was no Wii U equivalent, but I wanted the goodies and knew I'd get a Switch eventually. I think there used to be an Uber driver that operated around here on weekends, but I haven't heard any updates for awhile. No Lyft that I know of. Those services tend to crop up in more populated areas than here.

I remember those, I use to register whenever I got one. I think it was called Club Nintendo at the time.

Cool, so it was similar to the bunk bed I had when I was little. Kind of, it was all wood, but got sawed in half because no one wanted to use the top bunk. I don't even have it anymore, my bed is just a twin bed I've been using for years at this point.

Nice case. I remember getting Sonic and the Secret Rings before I had my Wii. I think the wait for it was two weeks, wanted to have it in my hands so I can play it when I got my system. I did get Breath of the Wild on Wii U, it's cool you got the extra goodies with the special edition. Yeah, I'm close to shopping areas, so I sometimes use it. I used it this past Saturday to go out, hence why I missed out on Mario Kart this past Saturday. I was doing some shopping and taking a break from being home.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThatZeldaNerd

life is hard

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

card-crunch78

There's one downside of having three fox tails: I shed a lot every summer.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Anti-Matter

I found a collaboration of Kylie Minogue and Kermit with song Especially For You, sung live back in year 2013.
The song was originally sung by Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan.

@Kermit1doesmath will like this collaboration.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

Anti-Matter wrote:

I checked my previous comments and I have deleted quite a lot of cringey comments that I posted during year 2018 and 2019. 😬

Yeah, it's funny how when you look farther back in posts, or in photos of yourself, you can sometimes see a less mature version of yourself, and realize you've evolved & grown.

Side note, this is why I'm glad I've never gotten a tattoo. Every time I've looked at older photos of myself from 5-10+ years ago, I almost never wish I still had the same clothes, style, or lack of maturity.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

CaleBoi25

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Anti-Matter wrote:

Yeah, it's funny how when you look farther back in posts, or in photos of yourself, you can sometimes see a less mature version of yourself, and realize you've evolved & grown.

Side note, this is why I'm glad I've never gotten a tattoo. Every time I've looked at older photos of myself from 5-10+ years ago, I almost never wish I still had the same clothes, style, or lack of maturity.

SAME. So many things I wish younger me hadn't thought were a good idea... (Looking at you, bowl cut me)

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Jhena

@Anti-Matter
I was just visiting Time Extension and they have news about Dance Dance Revolution Classic Mini. You mentioned liking those games and I thought you might be interested. Apparently it is only sold in Japan.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

CaleBoi25

Untitled

EDIT: Oops, wasn't trying to post that here haha. Ah well, I'll leave it anyway, this is an off topic thread...

Edited on by CaleBoi25

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Anti-Matter

@Jhena
Well, too bad if only sold in Japan.
As I love DDR games but playing old DDR songs without speed modifier to speed up the arrow movements to make it easier to read, it's really painful to read bunch of arrows stacked together, especially when the arrow color is Flat.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

(Edit: Guys, I'm gonna start gradually trimming these down a little. They're getting a bit long again. )

@jedgamesguy I'm actually pretty good at Switch storage management now and then. XD So most of my demos end up removed or archived (if I want to revisit them or retain save data for the actual game). I'd forgotten there was a Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity demo; that IS one game I bought outright since I knew I'd enjoy it, having played the original Hyrule Warriors. AoC blew that one out of the water since it was slightly less of a fanservice game and had a more coherent plot. Xenoblade and mainline Zelda are two franchises I know are top quality regardless, so no needed demos there. Very little experience with Atlus's library so far, though I have Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology and a couple of the Etrian Odyssey games on 3DS backlogged.

There was a sense of community, and overall I wouldn't say I was treated too badly by others in high school...though that was because they knew I did well in my studies and could come to me for help with homework. But I'd say I had very few true friends at the time. It didn't help that I shared few interests with roughly half my class. I'm not the partying, boozy hick type. XD I don't miss high school at all, but I do cherish the few close friendships I did make...one of which is still going strongly to this day.

@Sunsy Yep, those inserts were for Club Nintendo. I miss it compared to My Nintendo, though the latter has mildly improved at least.

The only reason I still have that bunk bed half is because it's in decent shape. But I bought a full size bed set from an auction, so I now use that for sleeping instead. I keep it the twin size bunk half in case anyone needs to spend the night.

I seriously considered buying Breath of the Wild for the Wii U, but I don't often double-dip - especially for games that massive - and knew I'd play it eventually. There were several reasons why I waited to get a Switch. I finally bought one during one of the great deals running around Black Friday in late 2019. I've used Uber or taxis when somewhere far away, but it's most reliable to just drive yourself everywhere where I live. There is a taxi service, but it isn't cheap. There's also a limited mini-bus service that's under a trial period in the town I work in (12k population) that runs a few days a week. It's mostly for those who are elderly or disabled. I also live near an Amtrak community, but that service is meant for long distance travel.

@MarioVillager92 People also use Backloggery for similar reasons, but I think using that site would just stress me out lol. So I just keep to my Microsoft OneNote list. I will repeat that it's just an organizational tool though, not meant to be a laundry list. My game collection here on NL - at least where Nintendo systems are concerned - is mostly accurate. Unrated games that are in my "Have" section are ones I either haven't played yet or haven't played enough to where I'm comfortable rating them. Yeah, games that entice you to keep playing, maybe even have progress markers, but can't really be "finished" in a normal sense.

Glad your team did well in the Splatfest! Bear Cubs are indeed cute lol. Though best viewed from a distance in the wild (Referring to a viral video regarding some morons and two black bear cubs recently). Glad you're having fun with Princess Peach: Showtime! That's one I wanna buy eventually when I find it on discount. I highly encourage you to get back to Tears of the Kingdom, but of course only when you wish to.

I had some pre-calculus classes in both high school and college and...while I did well, I definitely needed some help and worked very hard to get those grades. Part of it was how inconsistent some of my high school math curriculum was...but that's a long story. Physics...is probably my least favorite form of science. At least how it was taught to me in high school. I'm more an earth science and biology type of person. High school for me wasn't as hellish, just boring more than anything. Though I had some...we'll call them self-destructive emotional/behavioral issues, and I don't really think my parents knew how to deal with me. But middle school was much, MUCH worse. That was the time period I first entered counseling. Most of my bullying was weight related though - this was mostly a group of guys - but a minority of it was for me liking "kiddie" AKA Nintendo games too. Mostly from other girls in that case. I can't say how relieved I was to discover that other people my age in college still liked Nintendo and played some of their games. Your mom is right; my counselor has said to let thoughts come and go, like cars on the street. The problem is my brain is very good at latching onto some of them...I have no formal diagnosis, but I have anxious and depressive tendencies. Moreso the former these days. There is a genetic component too.

I'll give Dream Team a try before too long...probably within the next year. I did finish Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey. My impressions are in the Games You Recently Beat? thread if you're curious. I stopped writing full reviews ages ago to save time, but this game was one of the exceptions lol. I'll play Paper Jam eventually too. I know there's really no continuity between the Mario & Luigi titles - except maybe the first three, loosely - but IMO it feels best to play them in original release order.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx lmao I get having to slash reply posts down, I'm convinced you've written a novel by this point just in replies to this thread. Indeed despite how big some of the PS games get (especially the ones by Square Enix) I've gotten good at telling which games I'm likely to play on a regular basis and which I'd stop playing after I beat, so I got a good balance of long-term fixtures like racing games, and the typical RPGs you know me for. Though I admit managing PS and Nintendo storage are two very different beasts since one has much bigger space than the other, despite the difference in game size. Atlus games are usually very small, even Persona 5 was only 13 gigs on the switch.

Sums up my days pretty well too, almost frighteningly so, I also ended up helping many people with coursework. I'm very glad it's behind me though, moving forward was surprisingly easy, definitely spanning from the desire to get out of there as soon as I could, physically and psychologically.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Smth2024

I exist again now, if anyone still remembers me.

Also thinking of changing my username! :3

I dunno.

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama.

i struggle with self doubt & anxiety sometimes, so please be respectful if my posts aren’t the most positive! ^u^

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
My behavior with PS4 were completely different during 2016 until now.
Before 2017, I was very salty with PS4 for lack of appealing kids games since during that time I have less knowledge about PS4 games that might be interesting for me.
Also, I have ever said I would rather get Wii U than PS4. That was I still have some Nintendo fanboism.
I ate my word during year 2017 when I knew there will be FF XII TZA and The Sims 4 on PS4.
Those are the games I wanted to play.
Since then I changed my behavior to be more open with PS4.
Then I got introduced by cute Minecraft like game with name Portal Knights on PS4 in June 2017.
I also saved my money to buy PS4 Slim in April 2018.
But again, my Nintendo fanboism from Switch made me have half hearted feeling with PS4 especially during 2018 and 2019 there are some games from PS4 get ported to Switch.
That made me lost my mind by fanboism and I sold my PS4 games one by one when they got Switch version until I realized my biggest mistake when I was waiting for The Sims 4 for Switch from EA presentation during June 2019 and it was never happened.
I rebuilt again my PS4 games again during July 2019 (rebought the games I have sold) and I expanded more games diversity during 2020.
At the same time, I bought PS3 Slim and the games during December 2019 after I couldn't buy PS3 machine in year 2014 due to complicated situation.
I enjoyed my PS3 & PS4 the most during pandemic especially year 2022 which I bought the most amount of PS4 games and more never before played games I tried like Skylanders games, licensed cartoon games, PS3 Move games, Sly Cooper games, Ratchet & Clank games, etc. But during 2021 and 2022 I became less interested with Switch after I keep finding the bad treatment for Switch such as partial download, code in box, streaming only, downgraded quality (bugs and glitches).
That made me consider more the PlayStation version than Switch version for the 3rd party multi console games.
I started to like PS5 during pandemic after I keep finding more and more 3rd party kids games on PS5 and I started to collect the PS5 games since July 2022 until today.
I have a plan to buy PS5 machine in June 2024 and I must save more money during May 2024.
I will use PS5 for playing PS4 games also as some of them get 60 fps boost.
And I want to re-experience Ratchet & Clank PS4 version on PS5 with smooth 60 fps, it looks like a whole new game for me.

Conclusion, my behavior with PS4 changed drastically from hate for no reason to love the machine so much.
PS5 ?
I already love it since year 2020.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@jedgamesguy Honestly, if I were to total up all my posts in this thread, they probably would equal a small novel. XD That's one of the nice things as we age and spend more time curating what games interest us: we become much better at knowing what we do or don't like through trial and error. That isn't a bad file size at all for Atlus games. Which reminds me; I need to grab Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE at some point.

I was happy to move forward from that part of my life too. A few people even cried at graduation; I was not one of them lol. I don't even care to step into the building these days...and don't plan to unless I'm expressly invited to a graduation or something.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Are you sure you’re not one of my schizophrenic hallucinations, cuz this sounds auspiciously familiar to me 😂. I remember grad day pretty well, I was happy to get off the stage and leave, despite everyone else bursting into tears. can’t say I felt much of anything in that moment because I hadn’t graduated, I had been set free. One of my friends even asked me “is this the last time we’ll see each other” and I replied yes without even hesitating.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic